Mission & Values
As a Josephite School, Sacred Heart strives to achieve quality holistic education and facilitates high levels of learning in a nurturing, Christ-centred environment.
In our efforts to provide authentic and effective Catholic Education and in the spirit of our founder St Mary MacKillop we will endeavour to:
Mission Statement – Development as a Catholic School
- Create an atmosphere in which Jesus Christ, His values & teachings, are a natural & integral part of the school & community.
- Help each child grow in an awareness of God so that they will be able to make a personal response of faith & love.
- Foster an understanding of oneself & an acceptance of one’s own & others’ strengths & weaknesses.
Mission Statement – Curriculum Implementation
- Help each child develop to their potential in each area of education (spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional and creative) according to their ability.
- Continually evaluate and modify teaching programmes and strategies in light of education being a dynamic and ongoing process and in accordance with NSW Board of Studies Syllabuses.
Mission Statement – Organisation & Management
- Promote sound communication and decision-making practices between staff, students, families and the community.
- Maintain up to date record keeping, supervision, policies, procedures and financial accountability.
Mission Statement – Resources & Facilities
- Provide a safe and well-maintained physical environment.
- Provide up to date and appropriate resources in order to implement the syllabus in an enjoyable, relevant and challenging way.